Hardwood Floor Depot also offers White Oak “Character Grade” Unfinished Solid Hardwood Flooring that is bundled in 2′-10′ Random Lengths. This wood flooring is great if you are looking for a beautiful wide width, long length flooring for your project. Our “Character Grade” hardwood flooring has a longer average board length than even our Select & Better Grade flooring. The material comes in 2′-10′ random lengths and has an average board length of 5 1/2′ long.
This grade of flooring is an “80/20” mix of our White Oak #1 Common Grade, 80%, Hardwood Flooring which contains variations in coloration from board to board, small, tight, knots, and minor mineral streaks sporadically contained throughout the flooring. The other 20% is our White Oak #2 Common Grade Hardwood Flooring which contains varieties including large and small knots, long and short mineral streaks, alongside noticeable shading varieties between each board.
Hardwood Floor Depot works solely with NWFA certified manufacturers that start the milling process with wood that is kiln dried for 30 days at 350 degrees giving more prominent strength and quality to our material. Our solid White Oak floors are fabricated by strict NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Association) Guidelines. The flooring will have a four-sided tongue and groove for ease of installation. Recommended waste factor for this grade is between 8%-10%.